Video not yet available. Try the audio
Everyone wants their life to "count." We want our lives to matter. Think about it; we make lots of sacrifices to make a living, pursue that significant other, potentially have some kids and make our mark in this life. There seems to be a lot of blood, sweat, and tears involved. But how do we measure our success? How can we know that we are living a life that will make a difference? What if all the "ladder climbing" we've done in life has been pointless because our ladder has been on the wrong wall? Good news for you, there is a way you can know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that your life can have significance! You can live a life worth living! How? Join us for our new series this January - Life Worth Living.
Title Only the Forgiven Can Forgive
- 1) Matthew 6:9-13 - 9 “Pray then like this: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.’”
- 2) Big Idea: Only the forgiven can forgive.
- 3) Romans 3:23 - “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- 4) Romans 3:10-12 'as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."
- 5) Ephesians 2:1-3 'And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. '
- 6) Matthew 6:12 - ' and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.'
- 7) Big Idea: Only the forgiven can forgive.
- 8) Acts 3:19-20 - 'Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you …
- 9) 1 John 1:9-10 - 'If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. '
- 10) “When Christians examine themselves, it is for omissions they should first look, and they will always find that their saddest sins take the form of good left undone.” - J.I. Packer
- 11)John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
- 12)Ephesians 2:4-10 - 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- 13)1 Peter 2:9-10 - 9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
- 14)Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- 15)Ephesians 4:1-3 - 1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- 16) Big Idea: Only the forgiven can forgive.
- 17) “Once our eyes have been opened to see the enormity of our offense against God, the injuries which others have done to us appear by comparison extremely trifling.” - John Stott
- 18)Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- 19) Forgiveness honors God.
- 20) Hate in your heart will consume you too.
- 21) Forgiveness reflects the glory of God.
- 22)Matthew 6:9-13 - 9 Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.